It is Follow Friday! This is a blogging meme in which authors recommend other blogs, websites, repositories, or anything else. In keeping with the theme of this blog, I will spotlight different resources for professional and aspiring professional genealogists each week: not only genealogy-related, but also others of interest.
I was surprised this past week, that the post with the most views was “21st Century business card designs,” despite having two recent posts on source citations (usually a popular subject) and one about the book Evidence Explained. The uptick in visits came as a result of mentions in two other popular genealogy blogs, ClueWagon and Olive Tree Genealogy. Apparently this is a topic that genealogists find interesting.
With that note, I would like to share another blog about design: Design Woop.
But the blog discusses other aspects of design as well. My favorite ongoing series is the monthly business card design series:
- “22 Clever Business Card Designs From September 2011“
- “20 Creative & Unique Business Card Designs From August 2011“
- “20 New & Creative Business Cards From July 2011“
Other interesting recent posts include:
- “20 Free Fonts For Beautiful Headline Typography“
- “Resume Inspiration: 30 Of The Best Résumé Designs“
- “30 Examples Of Large Background Images In Web Design“
- “Ten Productivity Tips To Increase Your Work Day“
If you are at all interested in design, and how it can affect your business marketing (as well as other aspects of your business), take a look at DesignWoop.